Highly resilient, extra thick rubber pad with modular square cell construction. Offers convenience and flexibility
of installation. Effectively minimises transmission of noise and provides a higher degree of vibration / shock
isolation than any other commonly used single layer pad.
- Convenient, Customizable, Cost-effective - Each
sheet comprises 81 modules of size 50mmx50mm,
separated by a thin webbing which can be slit using
any normal scissor. Therefore, the pad can easily
be cut to any size and shape to suit equipment
base and load (as shown below).
- High Performance - The pad is 20mm (¾") thick,
moulded in compounded natural rubber. This gives
it resilience and low permanent set.
- Superior ‘Square-Cell’ pattern - The ‘square-cell’
design of WEICCO WMP modular pads provides
higher deflection than the round-hole design offered
by some brands. The square pattern also resists rib
collapse under load.
- Sealed against Contaminant - The square cells
form suction pockets which effectively seal the pad
from external contaminants.
Pad Model WEICCO WMP
Standard Size 450mm x 450mm x 20mm
Material Compounded Natural Rubber. Other
elastomers such as EPDM, Neoprene,
SBR etc. available on application.
Loading Recommended upto 75kg per module
Deflection Appx 3mm at rated load
Advantages of WMP over Cork Sandwich Pads
WEICCO Modular Pads are far superior to rubber-cork
sandwich pads, as explained below:
- Isolation Capability - Unlike rubber, cork lacks
resilience - the key property required for any material
to function as a vibration isolator. It sets permanently
once load is applied and does not regain its original
shape. Therefore, it cannot function as an isolator.
- Durability - Cork disintegrates into granules in a
short time. Moulded rubber has a much longer life.
- Susceptibility to attack - Being an organic material,
cork is attacked by rodents and termites. Rubber is
resistant to these.
- Exposure to moisture affects cork adversely. WMP
pads are water resistant.